Monday, October 18, 2010

I am feeling better than last week, although not 100%. I still feel discomfort, which concerns me. A VERY DEAR FRIEND of mine is having one of the Urologists she knows review my CT Scan to make sure everything seems to be OK. My problem is that I read my report thoroughly and it mentioned a number of other issues that I now have on my mind. While it's in the report in black and white, I am hoping that the issues are not as serious as I think they are, and they may be issues than many people have. I am trying to remain calm.
Mike's hospice social worker came by this morning. My mom had just mentioned to her about my visit to the ER last week and I apologized that I couldn't stay and talk because I was running late for work. Despite this, she says to me as I'm walking out, "Have you thought about funeral arrangements? I was not assigned this case in the beginning and it doesn't look as though anyone has ever spoken to you about this". Yep, this is what I was asked as I was walking out the door to work. Her question isn't what bothered me, so much as it was the timing or her lack of consideration. I just looked at her and said, "I've thought about alot, but I have too much on my mind right now and I'm getting too upset before work". I drove to work in disbelief, not sure where to even begin.
Murphy's Law has been in full force the past few weeks. I need to constantly remind myself to dwell on the positives and blessings, rather than the negatives. Thank you all for your prayers.

No comments: