Thursday, October 21, 2010

Back on Track

After last week's scare with the kidney stone, I was able to get myself "back on track".
It seems as though the negativity and depressive tone of my mom and brother had been bringing me down. For years I was always the one that had the positive outlook, but lately (and as you all can attest to), I have been in a "bad place". Last week, I turned the corner back to where I am supposed to be. I prayed alot and just made my decision that no matter how bad things are, they can ALWAYS get worse. This is the mantra I would repeat to all who know me, but I lost sight of that. Obviously, it's easier to just feel beaten than it is to fight, but now that I am feeling better and for that brief glimpse saw what could have been, it gave me renewed energy to continue on my positive track.
In fact just this morning, I was already tested. My mom was doing her daily laundry at my house when all of a sudden we heard a "crack". I thought the washer door had broken. When I inspected the machine I saw that the rubber around the entire drum was basically "mutiliated". I could have gotten really upset and said, "here we go again", but instead I said, "Thank you God that I have an extended warranty". Even though the repair person can only get to us on Tuesday, I feel blessed to have the extnded warranty to pay for the repair.
I'm back to the place where I want to be - no health insurance and all......

No comments: