Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Miss Sleep

For the last few weeks, I have been losing even more sleep than ever. Courtney's new job will sometimes keep her out until 12:30-1:00 and I either wait up for her or have to go pick her up. On nights when she's not working, it's not uncommon for Brandon to go out, so then again I am awake waiting for him. For them it's a non-issue since they are are summer vacation, but for me, there is no summer vacation. Last night I was so excited-----Courtney was home at 6 and Brandon would not be going out. Finally, we can enjoy the night together and I could get to bed early. I did, BUT.....Mike had other plans. At 2:30 he woke up with a fever of 102. Needless to say, I got no sleep AGAIN last night. I'm concerned about Mike and will be calling hospice again this morning. His regular nurse is on vacation for 2 weeks, so we'll see what happens.
I guess I'm just not meant to sleep.....

1 comment:

Carl in NC said...

Hi Karen,
Sorry you are not getting too much sleep. I'll pray for Mike and for the nursing situation to work out. I hope that you will be able to get some rest this weekend, if possible.

Take care and God bless,

Carl