Friday, February 29, 2008

My Brother


Tonight, the kids went to the school to see the play "Our Town." As much as Courtney doesn't like the play, Brandon will get extra credit if he goes...so she bit the bullet and went with him. They would not have been able to do this, were it not for my brother. He stayed with Mike while I took them to the school and he will be here with Mike when I have to leave at 11pm to pick them up.

Last night was the Parent/Student guidance meeting at school regarding colleges. I was able to go to that because Nathan stayed later to get Mike into bed, then my brother stayed with Mike and Brandon until we got home.

On Sundays, my brother stays with Mike while the kids and I go to rock mass at church (from 6-7). Normally Mike's aide leaves around then, so my brother stays so we can get there. He knows how much it means to us.

Tomorrow night Courtney has a party to go to. He will stay again with Mike so I can pick Courtney up when it's over. Granted, most of the time, he just sits in the LR while Mike is sleeping, but anything can happen with Mike. It's a big responsibility and he takes it upon himself when I need him to.

Today he fell at work and bruised himself pretty bad, but he still came over to helped us out. Whenever we have something later at night, if it weren't for my brother, we would never be able to do it. I can't thank my brother enough for all the help he gives us.

No comments: