Thursday, June 4, 2009

Without Fail

Without fail, everytime I become overwhelmed about tangible "things", something happens that makes me take a step back and think about what's really important. I have been so bogged down with Courtney's graduation and college "stuff", it was taking over my every thought. Time and money were the two issues consistently going through my mind. These were the two most important requirements for almost everything that needs to get done, but they are also the two things that I am missing the most.

Then on Tuesday the hospice nurse came over. She called me at work to tell me that Mike sounded congested. I got a little nervous, but was hoping it was nothing. He sometimes get this "gurgling" sound in his throat, but will then cough it up (it's been like this for 2 years now). I thought that's all it was. Today, after dropping Courtney off at school for her "Senior Send-Off" (her school famously doesn't have a prom. The night consists of a cruise around NYC with dinner and dancing), I came home to Mike having a 102.5 fever. Now it's a waiting game - will he need an antibiotic or is this just another "passing fever" which happens now and again with Mike for no reason?

Without fail, every time my thoughts are bombarded by our material needs, something happens to remind me about what is really important.

No comments: